This privacy statement sets out how Cuddledry Ltd and www.cuddledry.com will store and use information relating to you. Any changes to these policies will be posted on our website and in our terms and conditions.
Cuddledry.com is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our website so that, in general, you can visit the website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Cuddledry is committed to protecting your privacy. We have taken all the essential measures to make sure that any information you give us, including credit card details, remains private and secure and that your payment and registration information is processed with total confidentiality. When you place orders or access account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally require proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive or other information to you. If you have any further questions about our credit card security policies, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- Where you order products, we need to collect your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information. You are given the choice not to be registered on our database with us at this time.
- When you register with us either online or at a show, or via email or phone, we will collect your e-mail address and store it on our secure database for a period of 3 years. This is so you can receive our monthly newsletter or details of offers or products. You can also provide us with more information about you and your family so that the details of offers and products we send you will be more suited to your circumstances.
What do we do with the information we gather?
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil our contract with you (send your purchased goods)
- Internal record keeping
- To analyse the use of the cuddledry.com website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures
- To send promotional e-mail about new products, special offers and services or other information for Cuddledry and selected third party companies which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided, unless you have asked us not to do so.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Who we share the information with and your choices
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
We will not send personal information outside of the European Economic Area. The data protection laws in these countries may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area.
When you provide any information on line, you should look for the box which you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes. If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the contact address below.
The Red House
18 Elm Grove
Or email email@example.com
If you are opted into Cuddledry emails and wish to change your preferences, or if you wish to unsubscribe from email communications from Cuddledry you can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email received.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
If you think we have incorrect information or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, then you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed £10, or the prevailing statutory maximum. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us at the address above.
Use of 'Cookies'
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer via your web browser when you visit some websites. Cookies are used to store information about you for the next time you visit that site - information like where you went on the site and what you did. Cookies are a great way for a website to remember you when you next visit.
Our cookies do not contain any other personal information about you, and are used only to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. This helps us to provide you with the service that you desire and to enhance your browsing experience. However, if you prefer, you can set your browser software to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without cookies enabled.